This is it!
Join your fellow Milk Club members for the last stretch of mobilizations and Get Out the Vote efforts for our endorsed AD-17 candidate, David Campos, before the February 15th primary. This election will be decided by voter turnout— can we count on you to be there? RSVP for any and all remaining days to Get Out the Vote at bit.ly/camposGOTV
Reach out to [email protected] with any questions!
Updates from the February 8 PAC Meeting
The Political Action Committee (PAC) of the Harvey Milk LGBTQ Democratic Club met on Tuesday, February 8, and heard from candidates for the Assembly District 21 race, among many other things! Here is a summary of the actions they took:
- Made a motion to endorse James Coleman for AD-21!
- Expressed support for advocacy to ensure that the Redistricting Task Force maintains the Transgender and Leather Cultural Districts within District 6 borders during the current San Francisco redistricting.
- Expressed support for writing a letter to the USF President / Provost in support of the part-time faculty during their ongoing contract negotiations
- Expressed support for AB 587, which (a) strengthens requirements for social media company terms of service with regard to the company’s actions toward infringing users and content and (b) increases the frequency of and transparency in the company’s reporting to the government regarding its policies for infringements.
- Expressed support for writing a letter to the Mayor advocating for the following with regard to the City College Board of Trustees appointment, in this order:
- The appointee should have a personal connection to the College
- The Mayor should consult with City College students and educators on the appointee
- Encourage that the appointee should be LGBTQ
Missed the meeting? Not to worry, the PAC Chair will report back during our general membership meeting!
General Membership Meeting
Join the Harvey Milk LGBTQ Democratic Club for our February General Membership Meeting, in person at 302 Valencia and on Zoom at bit.ly/milkmeeting! We'll be joined by Dr. Grant Colfax, the Director of Health for the City and County of San Francisco, to learn about the City's shift towards managing COVID-19 as an endemic, and what this means.
We'll also be joined by Gary McCoy, the Policy and Public Affairs Director of HealthRIGHT 360, to discuss the new Linkage Center in the Tenderloin and the critical services it provides in the face of our overdose crisis. And that's not all — we'll also be voting to early endorse in the Assembly District 21 race, and to elect new at-large officers to our Executive Board!
This is a hybrid meeting and will take place both in-person and on Zoom. All in-person attendees must show proof of vaccination to enter and wear a mask throughout the event. If you are unvaccinated, have any symptoms of Covid-19, or are uncomfortable meeting in person, we invite you to register and join us on Zoom at bit.ly/milkmeeting. Attending either in person or on Zoom counts towards member voting eligibility requirements, and remote attendees are able to speak and vote on items just as in-person attendees can.