The Milk Club has kicked off our 2021 Executive Board nomination process. If you would like to nominate someone (or yourself) to any of our E-Board positions, feel free to click here and follow the instructions.
The positions up for nomination are President or two Co-Presidents, Vice-President for Internal Affairs, Vice President for Political Affairs, Vice President of Events and Fundraising, Treasurer, Executive Board for Internal, Executive Board for Political, Executive Board for Outreach, Executive Board for Events and Fundraising (Seat #1), Executive Board for Events and Fundraising (Seat #2), Executive Board for Organizing, Correspondent, and Recorder.
Here are the candidates who have so far accepted their nominations:
Co-Presidents: Kaylah Williams & Edward Wright
VP Internal: Reid Coggins
VP Political: Jackie Thornhill
VP Events & Fundraising: Jeffrey Kwong
Treasurer: Jerry Fenske
E-Board Internal: Brad Chapin
E-Board Political: Lee Hepner
E-Board Outreach: Kurtis Wu
E-Board Events & Fundraising, Seat 1: Michael Rouppet
E-Board Events & Fundraising, Seat 2: Alvin Lee
E-Board Organizing: Nomvula O'Meara
Correspondent: Raya Steier
Recorder: Seamus McGeever
And please take our quick community outreach survey here so that the Milk Club can set its priorities for 2021.
Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff must win in Georgia in order to save the U.S. Senate! (Photo is from The Guardian.)
Thank you to everyone who attended our Club's December General Meeting!
The Membership voted to officially endorse Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock for their respective U.S. Senate Seats in Georgia. Helping their campaigns may be our only chance to save the Senate from the clutches of Mitch McConnell and his nonstop obstructionism. So signup to phonebank with Knock for Democracy now.
The Membership also voted to endorse the following candidates for California Democratic Party ADEM:
AD-17 ADEM (Female-Identifying):
AD-17 ADEM (Non-Female-Identifying):
AD-19 ADEM (Female-Identifying):
Kaylah Paige Williams
AD-19 ADEM (Non-Female-Identifying):
Please register to vote in the upcoming ADEM elections by clicking on this link: https://ademelections.com/?isCandidate=False. Afterwards, a ballot will be mailed to you.
Remember that the deadline to register to vote for ADEM delegates is January 11th, 2021. It's quick and easy!
And if you missed Tuesday's General Meeting and ADEM candidate speeches, feel free to watch it here.
This is how we sing Christmas carols, standing alongside the California Nurses Association as they fight for their rights as they work on the frontlines of this pandemic.
Besides our endorsements, the Membership voted to pass the following motions:
1) To reiterate our opposition to the installation of surveillance cameras in the Castro. (Read more about it in the BAR.)
2) To explicitly oppose the use of child slave labor in the harvesting of chocolate products by Mars and Nestle. (Please sign this petition.)
3) To support the inclusion of dedicated senior housing at the development at 730 Stanyan Street.
4) To oppose any expedited waivers that force nurses to be assigned more patients per shift, threatening their labor rights and the quality of care for patients. (Read more about it here.)
5) To allow for us to automatically endorse any ADEM candidates who came in 8th or lower if candidates our Club endorsed drop out. (This point is moot because only the endorsed candidates listed above passed our endorsement threshold.)
Tonight, let's give 2020 a big, socially-distanced French kiss goodbye!