🚨 Vote in person TODAY for your CADEM delegates, + coming up this week...
It's not too late to vote for your CADEM delegates in person!
Did you know that you can cast your vote for California Assembly District Election Meeting (CADEM) TODAY, Sunday, January 8 even if you live in Assembly District 17? Register here today to make voting even easier!
Sunday, January 8 from 12pm-4pm
Westlake Park Doelger Café
145 Lake Merced Blvd,
Daly City, CA 94015
Every other year, the California Democratic Party elects delegates in each Assembly District to vote on the Democratic Party's platform and endorse state and federal legislation and candidates. This election is an opportunity for California Democrats to influence the future of their party.
The 2024 elections will be critical for working people and will be our chance to ensure we have strong progressive leadership for the California Democratic Party.
Register before you line up at bit.ly/cadem2023 to make voting even smoother!
And coming up this week...
Tuesday, January 10: Milk Club PAC
At this meeting, the PAC will conduct a 2023 planning session, featuring Board of Supervisors President Shamann Walton and City College Trustee-Elect Anita Martinez. We will discuss the following:
- Focus areas for 2023 and ideas for ways we can engage in these areas politically
- Related platform planks we want to develop
- Summary of learnings from the December PAC meeting’s 2022 electoral program retrospective and ideas for ways to begin organizing for 2024
Wednesday, January 11: Let's End Racially Biased Stops!
Milk Club members can support in any or all of the following ways:
- Complete this ACLU action alert to automatically send an email to the Mayor, Board of Supervisors, SFMTA, and Police Commission that you support ending pretext stops.
- Join us for a rally/press conference at City Hall on Wednesday, January 11, at 10:00am to rally for the vote and hear from supporting community leaders. We would love to stand in solidarity with our members and community for this important moment!
- Give Public Comment sometime after 5:30pm on Wednesday, January 11— sign up for reminders here. To help with your public comment, here is an action guide with talking points, call-in information, and a social media toolkit.
- Share this email with your allies, organizations, and coalition partners. To ensure we are able to get an effective policy passed by the Police Commission, we need as much broad community support as possible!