Thank you to everyone who attended our February General Membership Meeting and to all of our Members who renewed for 2019!
1) The President officially nominated Kate Usher for Treasurer, Bahlam Vigil for Executive Board for Organizing, and Edward Wright for At-Large Seat #1. The full Membership will vote on these nominations at our March General Membership Meeting.
2) Motion #1: A call to end all homeless sweep in San Francisco forever and to pressure City Hall leaders to do the same and to endorse an upcoming City Hall hearing on Rainstorm Sweeps on March 7th at noon at Room 250. (It passed unanimously.) Details are here.
3) Motion #2: A call to support Safe Organized Spaces: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/safeorganizedspaces. Please visit this link and fill out the survey. (It passed unanimously.)
4) Motion #4: A call to support the campaign kickoff for Kimberly Ellis for CA Democratic Party Chair on Monday, February 25th at 7pm at Manny's, located at 3092 16th Street. (It passed with 3 abstentions.) Details are here.
5) Motion #5: A call to support Senator Scott Wiener's SB 233, prohibiting the arrest of people involved in sex work when they come forward as a witness or victim of a specified violent and serious crime. (It passed unanimously.)
6) Motion #6: A call to save the tenants of the Redstone Labor Temple. Please attend their event on Wednesday, February 27th at 6pm at 2940 16th Street. (It passed unanimously.) Details are here.