Add your reaction
EMERGENCY MEETING ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, LGBT CENTER, Ceremonial Room, 7-9pm.
- The Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club will hold an Emergency General Membership Meeting Monday, October 22 to discuss and vote on the reconsideration of the Milk Club’s endorsement of Julian Davis for District 5 Supervisor. This was proposal was moved and seconded at the October 17 General Membership Meeting and carried by more than a 2/3 vote.
- A second motion was made to suspend the bylaws tonight in order to vote on the process for Monday night. This motion suspended Article 8, letter B: single seat multi-choice races. The motion was carried by more than a 2/3 vote.
- A final motion was then made to do an unranked endorsement of Christine Olague, John Rizzo and Thea Selby as a slate endorsement to be voted on Monday, Oct. 22. Carried by more than a 2/3 vote.
Decisions will take place by ballot vote. The ballot will contain the following questions:
- Shall the club rescind its endorsement of Julian Davis for District 5 Supervisor?
- If the club rescinds this endorsement, should the club approve an unrnanked triple endorsemnt of Christina Olague/John Rizzo/Thea Shelby?
Please come to this vital meeting to receive an update on the current situation and to participate in carrying the will of the Milk Club forward. Remember that you MUST be a member in good standing to vote! Please read the section on Membership, Dues and Voting in Article III of our by-laws for this information:
CLICK HERE FOR BY-LAWS